Commercial Tool Group CTG located in Comstock Park, MI, is a family-owned group made up of several divisions: Commercial Tool & Die, CG Automation & Fixture, and CG Plastics. Our continued growth has lead us to add a position to our accounting department. We are seeking to fill this role with someone with a keen aptitude for detail, is highly organized, motivated, and collaborates well within the group. This position is responsible for customer invoicing and collection procedures for CTG. As this is a new position born out of our growth, we are also looking for an individual to collaborate closely with our ERP team to help improve and automate our processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Create new tool invoicing schedule for progress billings based on approved customer PO terms/milestones. Follow up weekly with project engineers/sales managers regarding estimated invoice dates and milestones achieved.
- Generate customer progress billing invoices and customer-specific documentation required for invoice submission based on approval to invoice from project engineers/sales managers.
- Generate customer invoices for EC's & Repairs and customer-specific documentation required for invoice submission.
- Provide timely AR aging details to customer AP contacts and project engineers/sales managers to ensure timely approval and payment of invoices.
- Research and resolve customer account discrepancies to facilitate payment of invoices.
- Maintain customer contacts in Epicor for invoicing and AR collection purposes.
- Update the DISC tax spreadsheet quarterly with qualified job revenue/cost details and international shipment documentation.
- Assist CFO and Controller with financial analysis and special projects as requested.
- Associates Degree in Accounting/Finance preferred.
- Minimum three years of experience in invoicing and accounts receivable collections.
- Experience in progress billing of automotive customers preferred.
- Experience in developing burden/machine rates preferred.
- Automotive supplier experience preferred.
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions, and prioritize management expectations.
- Be a forward-thinker who can see the big picture and use critical thinking skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with co-workers and customers.
- Ability to organize and track customer-specific payment information for multiple companies.
- Proficient with personal computer skills, including the intermediate level of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook, and Epicor ERP software.
- Ability to work independently.