Building the future of tooling, begins with a great team!
Commercial Tool & Die Inc CTD and CG Automation & Fixture CGAF, located in Comstock Park, MI are looking for experienced CMM Operators!
At CTD and CGAF, we offer growth opportunities and advancement, great benefits and a climate-controlled environment. Our state of the art facilities boast the latest machining technology in the area and our workforce can build the impossible!
CMM Operator is responsible for processing/inspecting tools, tool components & parts during & after the manufacturing cycle as requested to insure that all company & customer requirements are met.
CMM Operator will be able to communicate with the data transfer team to acquire necessary CAD data to compare to & will obtain the tool components required for inspection by communicating with various manufacturing team members including but not limited to the Plant Foremen & Tool Makers.
CMM Operator will be skilled at interpreting inspection requirements from marked parts, marked prints, verbal or written instructions or from a Commercial Tool & Die standardized inspection criteria as specified by the Project Engineer or the Plant Forman. With the assistance of the Plant Foreman the CMM Operator will schedule & execute as necessary to maintain efficient & timely work flow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect, test & measure products, components & materials using analytical equipment & hand gages as required.
- Gauge R & R
- Report findings to supervisor & take appropriate action
- Ability to read & understand: specifications, job orders, Bill of Materials & work instructions.
- Must be able to perform tests & inspections & write CMM programs.
- Operate both manual & automatic CMM's
- Operate CAD programs to perform minor operations as required.
- Document all inspection results promptly, provide reports in clear & acceptable format & provide notice to Plant Foreman & Project Engineer when completed.
- Perform other quality related tasks as designated by the Plant Foreman.
- Calibrate gauges & hand measuring devices.
- Comply with Commercial Tool & Die safety & health rules.
- Follow procedures written in Quality1 Manual.
Manufacturing office environment with frequent exposure to production areas. The position will require wearing of common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves and hard hats as designated by company policy. The position may require standing or walking for extended periods of time.