At CG Automation & Fixture CGAF, we offer growth opportunities and advancement into top level controls engineering roles, great benefits and climate-controlled facilities. Our state of the art facilities boast the latest machining technology in the area and our workforce can build the impossible! The ideal candidate must have experience in a similar role and looking to work in a fast-paced team environment.
Job Summary: Providing automation/electrical design, standards development, and design reviews for controls projects. This person will have relevant experience with a combination of design, integration, project coordination, and possess the skills to be adaptable and responsible for large and small projects alike. Additionally, you will support equipment builds on the shop floor with power up, I/O checkout, commissioning, etc. Experience with AutoCAD Electrical is Required; Experience with Electrical, SEE Electrical, , or other CAD platforms is a plus.
Job Specifications: Engineering degree and/or experience in Electrical CAD design for industrial manufacturing related machines, equipment, robot cells, etc. Applicants with extensive experience in these fields are also encouraged to apply. Hands on experience of designing and integrating automated equipment in the fields of automotive, food/beverage, chemical, metals, or consumer product manufacturing. Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to take initiative; extremely detail oriented; highly self-motivated. Ability to follow structured processes for standard drawing development in a team-based project environment. The ability to work well in a team-based environment and independently. Critical thinking skills.
Primary skills and responsibilities:
- * System integration, panel layout, industrial control networking architecture, creating electrical and pneumatic schematic diagrams, single-line diagrams, elementary diagrams, loop sheets, power distribution, and more
- * UL508A knowledge Experience design systems to meet all applicable standards, including NFPA and NEC Understands discrete and analog circuits, and how to troubleshoot.
- * Electrical and mechanical aptitude to understand the automation processes being controlled.
- * AutoCAD Electrical experience.
- * Working knowledge of how to read and interpret hardware cut-sheets.
- * Experience with Fieldbus networks Profibus, IO Link, Ethernet/IP.
- * Working knowledge of MS Office 365 software.
- * Participation in safety risk assessments and assist in specifying robot cell safety components.
- * Experience in using customer specifications for the generation of our designs
- * Creating IO lists, specifying hardware, and researching solutions
- * Creating cables schedules and cable routes
- * Designing hardware concepts for complex processes and using industry best practices to design systems as part of a team
- * Self-starter and self-motivated individual who understands the importance of being a team player to achieve organizational goals.
- * Thrives in a challenging, fast paced and changing work environment.
- * Thoughtful, patient and respects others.
- * Handles pressure with a positive attitude.
- * Willing and able to travel as needed.
- * Can work in multicultural environments.
CGAF is proud to offer a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.
This is a Full Time, Regular Employee position located in Comstock Park, MI
40 - 50 hours per week