Building the future of tooling, begins with building a great team!
Commercial Tool & Die CTD, located in Comstock Park, MI is looking for a couple EDM Operators to become assets to our team on both Day and Night Shifts!!
At CTD, we offer growth opportunities, great benefits and a climate-controlled facility. Our state of the art facility boasts the latest machining technology in the area and our workforce can build the impossible.
This position is ideal for a highly motivated team-player who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Set up and operate EDM machines
- Utilize the ERP system
- Dimensionally check electrodes to ensure they are correct to cad using height gauge and calipers.
- Use CAM models to determine machine placement
- Properly use hoists and precision fixtures
- Maintain proper documentation as it pertains to jobs
- Determine specifications or procedures for tooling set-up, machine operation, work piece dimensions, or numerical control sequences, using instructions, and machine knowledge
- Load electrodes into machine or automatic tool change with correct orientation.
- Import and export cam program to machine
- Adjust EDM program to electrode limitations.
- Establish speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- Communicate with mold maker, project engineers and management for specific requirements.
- Confer with supervisors or programmers to resolve machine malfunctions and production errors
- Follow procedures written in the Quality Systems Manual
Essential Education & Abilities
- Ability to interact effectively with various departments in the organization.
- Effective communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to multi-task
- Prefer 2-3 years of experience in machine operation.
- EDM experience preferred
- WEDM experience preferred, but not required
- Strong math /computer skills.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds regularly.
- High Schools degree/GED.
Job Type: Full-time