JOB TITLE: Engineering Internship or Co-op
COMPANY: Commercial Tool Group
Commercial Tool Group CTG, located in Comstock Park, Michigan, has openings for an Engineering Co-Op, with starting in April or May of 2022. CTG is a family-owned and operated organization that consists of Commercial Tool & Die CTD, CG Automation & Fixture CGAF and CG Plastics CGP, located on the same campus. The opportunity awaits to collaborate with team members within each of the facilities and gain exposure to various engineering fields. The company is strongly committed to investing in our employees, equipment, and processes to help promote continuous improvement, innovation, and opportunities in a technology-driven environment. This position will support the Engineering group and requires a motivated, self-starting individual.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under close supervision and following specific detailed instructions, the intern performs entry-level shop, design, and engineering assignments.
- 70% of the time may be spent in the concept and design of new tools to support the manufacture of new and existing programs. Key roles will be learning the process requirements, conceptualizing, designing/drafting, and supporting fabrication for tools, machines, or automated equipment.
- 30% of the time may be spent supporting existing tools to improve and troubleshoot issues. This includes observing tool use in a production line and working with the shop floor users and manufacturing engineers to make the planned changes.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills, as well as technical and analytical abilities required.
- Personal computer skills including the use of MS Office.
- Ambitious, independent thinker who can take on tasks as assigned or show initiative for projects.
- Strong work ethic with a desire to be challenged.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program from an accredited college/university in engineering with an emphasis in mechanical, plastics, controls/automation, product development or related STEM field.
- Experience or coursework related to composite material manufacturing and related processing are desired.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of a 4.0 or higher
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Manufacturing environment with frequent exposure to production areas. The position will require wearing of common protective or safety equipment such as safety glasses, gloves and hard hats as designated by company policy. The position may require standing or walking for extended periods of time. The position may also require the use of hands with tools and machinery and the lifting of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. May also be required to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer. This position may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
**To apply, visit https://commercialtoolgroup.com/about-ctg/careers/ **
Please contact HR@commercialtool.com with any questions