Building the future of tooling, begins with building a great team!
Commercial Tool & Die CTD, located in Comstock Park, MI is looking for a Shop Floor Intern to work on either a full-time or part-time basis!!
At CTD, we offer growth opportunities, great benefits for full-time paid time off, paid holidays, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k and a climate-controlled facility. Our state of the art facility boasts the latest machining technology in the area and our workforce can build the impossible.
This entry-level position is ideal for a highly motivated team-player who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who is interested in pursuing a career in manufacturing. This role allows the employee to become familiar with the facility and shop floor, including the hazards and safety requirements when working around heavy machinery. The intention for this position, following an evaluation period, would be to consider participation in our Apprenticeship Program. This program allows for company-paid apprenticeship coursework through Grand Rapids Community College and paid on-the-job training to earn a journeyman's certification.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Clean the shop floor, tools, and equipment
- Stand for extended periods of time to clean, wash, organize and assist where needed
- Run errands, carry and deliver materials, tools and equipment
- Assist other areas of the organization whenever needed
- Operate hand tools, power tools, and equipment relevant to selected trades
- Perform manual labor associated with the trade
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be willing and able to become forklift and overhead crane certified.