Building the future of tooling, begins with building a great team!
CG Automation & Fixture CGAF, located in Comstock Park, MI is looking for a Fixture Builder!
At CGAF, we offer growth opportunities, great benefits and a climate-controlled facility. Our state of the art facility boasts the latest machining technology in the area and our workforce can build the impossible. This position is ideal for a highly motivated team-player who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Review the gauge design with Foreman and design staff at kick-off meeting.
- Make changes as necessary to the tool.
- Add components as necessary.
- Check the stock list to assure the correct components are used.
- Check the stock list to assure everything functions properly.
- Connects clamps to fixture , using hand tools.
- Conduct test runs with completed gauges to ensure that parts meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary.
- File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
- Inspect finished fixtures for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
- Lift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables, using hoists, vises, v-blocks, or angle plates.
- Measure, mark, and scribe metal or plastic stock to lay out machining, using instruments such as protractors, micrometers, scribes, height gages and scales.
- Select metals to be used from a range of metals and alloys, based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance.
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- Set up and operate drill presses to drill and tap holes in parts for assembly.
- 2-3 years of fixture building experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Able to work with minimal supervision in an efficient, effective manner
- Basic computer skills
- Able to multi-task and possess organizational skills
- Strong math skills required: ratios, weights, metric systems
- Possess mechanical skills and able to operate hand tools.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must possess sound problem-solving skills.
- Must possess quality communication skills.