CG Plastics CGP is looking to add a Full-Time Material Handler to our crew to support our production demands within our Comstock Park, MI facility!
CGP is a try-out and production facility for plastic injection molding. The Material Handler role is an integral part of our team and works alongside others to provide and maintain appropriate and efficient workflow through the production areas by handling CGP and customer materials and products.
Candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced manufacturing facility with the ability to lift up to 25 lbs and read, write, and count accurately. We are seeking candidates who are reliable and can work effectively as part of a team or independently.
- Work within the ERP system Epicor.
- Maintain acceptable material levels at machine hopper.
- Load and mix materials if applicable per the Process Cycle Sheet.
- Weigh quantities of material for use in production
- Move primary raw materials from staging area to appropriate machines using forklift or pallet jack.
- Load products securely to prevent damage during transit.
- Ensure containers are properly identified
- Safely and efficiently load and unload materials onto or from pallets, trays racks, shelves, etc.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of material and product movement.
- Count material inventory and reconcile inventory cycle discrepancies.
- Inspect materials and equipment for possible deviciencies.
- Maintain cleanliness and general appearance of storage and production areas.
- Clean machines and equipment using brooms, rags, and cleaning compounds, to assist machine operators.
- Demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all CGP safety policies and procedures.
- 2+ years material handling and/or shipping and receiving experience, preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be reliable, demonstrate willingness to stay to get the job done
- Requires a positive attitude and ability to work collaboratively
- Must be able to read and write in English with effective oral and written communication skills
- Able to perform simple math calculations
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving abilities
- Effective and positive interpersonal skills
- Personal computer skills including the use of Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Time management
- Must be able to be Hi-Lo certified.
If you are eager to work, dependable, and meet the requirements, you are encouraged to apply.
- $18-$20 per hour, depending on experience
- 10% Shift Premium for 2nd or 3rd Shifts
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness, disability insurance
- Paid time off