Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
Building the future of tooling, begins with a great team!
CG Automation & Fixture CGAF, located in Comstock Park, MI are looking for experienced CMM Operators!
At CGAF, we offer growth opportunities and advancement, great benefits and a climate-controlled environment. Our state of the art facilities boast the latest machining technology in the area and our workforce can build the impossible!
CMM Operator is responsible for processing/inspecting tools, tool components & parts during & after the manufacturing cycle as requested to insure that all company & customer requirements are met.
CMM Operator will be able to communicate with the data transfer team to acquire necessary CAD data to compare to & will obtain the tool components required for inspection by communicating with various manufacturing team members including but not limited to the Plant Foremen & Tool Makers.
CMM Operator will be skilled at interpreting inspection requirements from marked parts, marked prints, verbal or written instructions or from a Commercial Tool & Die standardized inspection criteria as specified by the Project Engineer or the Plant Forman. With the assistance of the Plant Foreman the CMM Operator will schedule & execute as necessary to maintain efficient & timely work flow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform technical layouts of fixtures, jigs, molds, and parts utilizing existing CMM programs, fixtures, and set-ups.
- Ability to create and edit CMM programs and create/calibrate new probes as required.
- Perform technical layouts utilizing height gages, micrometers, calipers, gage blocks and common hard gages in a controlled environment.
- Utilize electronic work request system to access jobs, inspection requirements, requestor information and customer requirements.
- Discuss measurement results with builders, management, and customers.
- Work without direct supervision performing layout requests as specified in work request system
- Utilize provided tools and inspection equipment. Verify equipment used is current on calibration.
- Operate both manual & automatic CMM's
- Operate CAD programs to perform minor operations as required.
- Perform other quality related tasks as designated by the Plant Foreman.
- Calibrate gauges & hand measuring devices.
- Comply with CTG safety & health rules.
- Follow procedures written in Quality Manual.
- High School Diploma/G.E.D.
- CMM programming exposure and experience, 2+ years preferred.
- Strong communication skills
Manufacturing office environment with frequent exposure to production areas. The position will require wearing of common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves and hard hats as designated by company policy. The position may require standing or walking for extended periods of time.