Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
Building the future of tooling, begins with building a great team!
CG Automation & Fixture CGAF, located in Comstock Park, MI, is a leading Automation & Tooling supplier. We are looking to add CNC Setup Machinists to our day and night shifts to manufacture parts per specifications in an accurate and timely manner utilizing CNC Machining while recognizing safety and efficiency.
At CGAF, we offer growth opportunities, great benefits, and a climate-controlled facility. Our state-of-the-art facility boasts the latest machining technology in the area and our workforce can build the impossible. This position is ideal for a highly motivated team-player who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Follow work orders, blueprints, process sheets, drill charts, job specifications and other instructions to ensure that parts are produced to engineering specifications.
- Follow oral and written instructions in manufacturing metal parts, fixtures, tooling, and repairing parts as specified
- Accurately record information such as cycle time, parts count, scrap, etc. according to company procedures
- Maintain continuity among shifts by communicating and documenting actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Adhere to quality assurance and safety procedures and processes
- Taking measurements to part specifications
- Update manufacturing documentation as needed
- First piece inspection and assurance of product quality
- Adjust, sharpen, replace worn tools
- Follow procedures written in Quality Systems Manual.
Required Education & Experience:
- 3-5 years work experience preferred
- Ability to work independently, good attendance, and maintain a clean work area
- Milling machine and drill press experience a plus
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Knowledge in use of precision measuring tools including but not limited to: micrometers ID, OD, and depth, and calipers
- Good communication skills
For more information, visit our website: www.commercialtoolgroup.com
Commercial Tool Group Commercial Tool & Die; CG Automation & Fixture; and CG Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer