Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
Commercial Tool Group CTG, located in Comstock Park, Michigan, is comprised of four legal entities: Commercial Tool & Die, CG Automation & Fixture, CG Plastics, and Marnie's Transport, LLC. Commercial Tool & Die is a company specializing as a leading manufacturer of plastic injection and die cast molds and through our sister companies, fixtures, special machinery, and custom molding, we provide quality service to the automotive, appliance, hardware and toy producing industries. We are a third-generation, family-owned organization with a rich history spanning nearly 70 years. Our on-going success hinges on continued customer and employee satisfaction. The Group is strongly committed to investing in our roughly 300 employees, equipment, and processes to help promote continuous improvement, innovation, and opportunities in a technology-driven environment.
We are looking to add a Chief Financial Officer CFO to join our leadership team and provide the sound and expert-level analysis, reporting, and advisement to help guide us into the future for Commercial Tool Group. The CFO will plan, direct, and coordinate the financial and accounting activities group wide. The CFO will lead and grow the accounting department and work closely with the CEO, President, leadership team, and staff members to establish policies and formulate plans.
- Coordinate and direct the financial planning, budgeting, procurement, and investment activities of Commercial Tool Group.
- Oversee and manage Commercial Tool Group insurance programs including property, casualty, worker's compensation, and collaborate with Human Resources on employee benefits.
- Analyze and evaluate financial performance of Commercial Tool Group companies.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, and/or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
- Evaluate needs for procurement of funds and investment of surpluses and make appropriate recommendations.
- Lead staff training and development in budgeting and financial management areas.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Directs, plans, and implements policies and objectives of Commercial Tool in accordance with company objectives.
- Analyzes operations to evaluate performance of department and staff and to determine areas of cost reduction and program improvement.
- Reviews financial statements and sales and activity reports to ensure that organization's objectives are achieved.
- Well organized, detail and process oriented
- Resourceful, self-motivated, team player with the ability to coordinate workload independently to complete tasks
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Excellent communication and positive interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with strong time management skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance, required.
- 5+ years of experience in management level accounting position.
- Personal computer skills including the use of MS Office Word, Excel, and ERP software
What You're Seeking
- A place where you can be challenged and contribute to our goal of continued customer satisfaction. An opportunity to put your stamp on things. A company who shows appreciation for team members with competitive salaries, paid holidays, PTO, great benefits, employer-paid life insurance, employer-paid long/short term disability, 401k match and more!
- Variety, excitement, exposure, and collaboration with great people.
If this sounds exciting to you and reflects your experience and capabilities, we invite you to formally apply for consideration.
CTD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic