Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
Commercial Tool & Die CTD is a leading, innovative manufacturer of plastic injection and compression molds for the automotive and appliance industries, located in Comstock Park, MI just north of Grand Rapids. We are a privately-owned business with a rich history spanning over 60 years. Our on-going success hinges on continued customer satisfaction. This satisfaction is decided, in large part by the performance of our employees. Our commitment to employee engagement and culture is at the forefront of what we do. We are looking for an EDM Department Supervisor to join our team.
The ideal candidate will possess expert level knowledge of CNC machining and EDM electrical discharge machining.
What You'll Do:
The EDM Supervisor is responsible for managing the department and coordinating, directing, and assisting to make sure completion of work performed meets customer and company quality and efficiency standards. In this role, you will:
- Coordinate, assign, and assist in workers' performance.
- Conduct performance evaluations, appraisals, employment, transfers, termination, and disciplinary measures.
- Assist with schedules and work methods to meet customer and company deadlines and standards based on personnel and machine capabilities.
- Develop plans and approaches for what will be EDM machined or CNC machined and create outlines.
- Evaluate rework and nonconforming products and develop ways to reduce rework.
- Develop new processes to improve throughput and quality.
- Promote teamwork and mentor employees to help them develop and reach their goals.
- Work directly with management, internal and external customers, co-workers, and engineering to resolve problems and meet deadlines.
- Set employee schedules.
- Research and recommend new tools, supplies, machines, and maintenance items to reach company objectives.
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Possess effective communication skills.
- Be computer literate with competencies in Microsoft Office, CAD, CAM, and ERP softwares.
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bring forth a winning attitude!
What You're Seeking:
- A place where you can be challenged and contribute to our goal of continued customer satisfaction. An opportunity to put your stamp on things. A company who shows appreciation for team members with competitive salaries, paid holidays, PTO, great benefits, employer-paid life insurance, employer-paid long/short term disability, 401k match and more!
- Variety, excitement, exposure, and collaboration with great people.
If this sounds exciting to you and reflects your experience and capabilities, we invite you to formally apply for consideration.
Commercial Tool & Die, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer