Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
JOB TITLE: Engineering Internship or Co-op
COMPANY: Commercial Tool Group
Commercial Tool Group CTG, located in Comstock Park, Michigan, has openings for an Engineering Co-Op, with starting in April or May of 2022. CTG is a family-owned and operated organization that consists of Commercial Tool & Die CTD, CG Automation & Fixture CGAF and CG Plastics CGP, located on the same campus. The opportunity awaits to collaborate with team members within each of the facilities and gain exposure to various engineering fields. The company is strongly committed to investing in our employees, equipment, and processes to help promote continuous improvement, innovation, and opportunities in a technology-driven environment. This position will support the Engineering group and requires a motivated, self-starting individual.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under close supervision and following specific detailed instructions, the intern performs entry-level shop, design, and engineering assignments.
- 70% of the time may be spent in the concept and design of new tools to support the manufacture of new and existing programs. Key roles will be learning the process requirements, conceptualizing, designing/drafting, and supporting fabrication for tools, machines, or automated equipment.
- 30% of the time may be spent supporting existing tools to improve and troubleshoot issues. This includes observing tool use in a production line and working with the shop floor users and manufacturing engineers to make the planned changes.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills, as well as technical and analytical abilities required.
- Personal computer skills including the use of MS Office.
- Ambitious, independent thinker who can take on tasks as assigned or show initiative for projects.
- Strong work ethic with a desire to be challenged.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program from an accredited college/university in engineering with an emphasis in mechanical, plastics, controls/automation, product development or related STEM field.
- Experience or coursework related to composite material manufacturing and related processing are desired.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of a 4.0 or higher
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Manufacturing environment with frequent exposure to production areas. The position will require wearing of common protective or safety equipment such as safety glasses, gloves and hard hats as designated by company policy. The position may require standing or walking for extended periods of time. The position may also require the use of hands with tools and machinery and the lifting of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. May also be required to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer. This position may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
**To apply, visit https://commercialtoolgroup.com/about-ctg/careers/ **
Please contact HR@commercialtool.com with any questions