Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
CG Plastics CGP is looking to add a couple Full-Time Injection Molding Machine Operators to our crew to support our production demands within our Comstock Park, MI facility! CGP is growing and we are seeking motivated, dependable, efficient individuals who can help support our growth. We have positions available for 2nd and 3rd shift. We will train...no prior operator experience required!
The Injection Molding Machine Operator Job requires candidates to operate machines, light assembly, inspecting, sorting, and packaging in our manufacturing facility. Candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced manufacturing facility with the ability to lift up to 25 lbs and read, write, and count accurately. We are seeking candidates who are reliable and can work effectively as part of a team or independently.
- Monitor assigned molding machines.
- Ensure quality standards are met for the molded parts.
- Follow directions, according to the job, for inspecting and assembly.
- Inspect the quality of the product and determine acceptability based upon Good Manufacturing Practices and outlined procedures.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor automatic molding machines and ensure parts satisfy quality specifications.
- Answer press alarms to maximize press efficiencies.
- Inspect parts for quality defects.
- Provide feedback on quality findings and report processing problems to appropriate personnel.
- Meet all quality, quantity, and Good Manufacturing Practices to satisfy the customer and regulatory requirements.
- Operate measurement scales to determine machine production.
- Correctly label and identify products.
- Maintain a steady workflow to keep up with cycle counts.
- Maintain neat and orderly work areas to ensure efficiency and no safety hazards.
- Review paperwork for proper documentation to comply with procedures.
- Follow outlined procedures, safety guidelines, quality and cost standards are met to maintain the company's mission and standards.
If you are eager to work and dependable, you are encouraged to apply. We are looking to fill positions for first, second, and third shifts.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be reliable, demonstrate willingness to stay to get the job done
- Requires a positive attitude and ability to work collaboratively
- $14+ per hour
- Shift Premiums: 10% Night Shift