Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
CG Automation & Fixture CGAF is a leading manufacturer of check fixtures, gauges, models, and automated secondary equipment for the automotive and appliance industries, located in Comstock Park, MI just north of Grand Rapids. We are a privately-owned business with a rich history spanning over 30 years. Our on-going success hinges on continued customer satisfaction. This satisfaction is decided, in large part by the performance of our employees. Our commitment to employee engagement and culture is at the forefront of what we do. We are looking for a Fixture Builder Apprentice to join our team, in this entry-level capacity, as someone looking to build a manufacturing career and likely pursue a journeyman's certificate through our employer-paid education and on the job training.
What You'll Do:
The Fixture Builder Apprentice is responsible for engaging within this role to learn from experienced Fixture Builders and work under their supervision and tutelage. In this role, you will:
- Review the gage design with Foreman and design staff at kick-off meeting.
- Make changes as necessary to the tool.
- Add components as necessary.
- Check the stock list to assure the correct components are used.
- Check the stock list to assure everything functions properly.
- Connects clamps to fixture , using hand tools.
- Conduct test runs with completed gages to ensure that parts meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary.
- File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
- Inspect finished fixtures for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
- Lift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables, using hoists, vises, v-blocks, or angle plates.
- Measure, mark, and scribe metal or plastic stock to lay out machining, using instruments such as protractors, micrometers, scribes, height gages and scales.
- Select metals to be used from a range of metals and alloys, based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance.
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- Set up and operate drill presses to drill and tap holes in parts for assembly.
- Work with minimal supervision in an efficient, effective manner.
- Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Be proficient in basic computer skills
- Possess strong math skills for calculating ratios, weights, metric system.
- Demonstrate a mechanical aptitude.
- Have great communication skills and bring forth a winning attitude!
What You're Seeking:
- A place where you can be challenged and contribute to our goal of continued customer satisfaction. An opportunity to put your stamp on things. A company who shows appreciation for team members with competitive salaries, paid holidays, PTO, great benefits, employer-paid life insurance, employer-paid long/short term disability, 401k match and more!
- Variety, excitement, exposure, and collaboration with great people.
If this sounds exciting to you and reflects your experience and capabilities, we invite you to formally apply for consideration.
CG Automation & Fixture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer