Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
CG Plastics CGP has been operating as a sample shop for many years and has recently broadened focus by adding production for plastic injection molding. CGP is one of three entities under the Commercial Tool Group CTG umbrella.
The ideal candidate will have proven success in directing, managing, and optimizing overall operations but will also have experience with starting from the ground up and will know what it takes to build. Since CGP has recently added production, we are looking to have a General Manager who is accountable for establishing processes and procedures that will allow us to formalize systems to collect metrics, analyze productivity and set performance targets that will meet revenue and cost goals. This role will lead the development and deployment of manufacturing practices focused on quality and continuous improvement.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for overall structure and performance of CG Plastics.
- Develop and maintain business scope and sales forecast.
- Remain accountable for all profit and loss figures.
- Collaborate with CTG leaders and senior management to support the goals and objectives within the group.
- Hold managers accountable for departments' productivity, efficiency, training, and adherence to safety and quality.
- Oversee program management with the customer and internally within the organization.
- Develop relationships with customers to drive sales.
- Manage the quoting process for production products at CGP.
- Facilitate the achievement of results with strong communication, mentorship, and motivation.
- Promote CTG values and ethics.
- Assist where needed with root cause analysis and corrective and preventative action activities.
- Promote Continuous Improvement throughout CGP.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 10+ years relevant operational and managerial experience
- Plastic injection molding experience required
- Possess personal computer skills, including the use of MS Office and ERP software Epicor.
- Broad knowledge of plastic injection molding and engineering methodologies.
- Strong EQ and the ability to relate well with customers, stakeholders, management, and all levels of team members.
- Commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Life, Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off