Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
Commercial Tool Group is a family-owned and operated group of companies based out of Comstock Park, MI. Among the group of companies, we have Commercial Tool & Die, CG Automation & Fixture, CG Plastics, and Marnie's Transport.
Marnie's Transport, LLC is the transportation and logistics division that supports the group. We have a small fleet of trucks that support our in-state needs. Within the group, we have needs for domestic and international logistics. We are looking to not only improve upon our current processes and procedures, but we are looking for an individual to help us expand and grow to the next level. This would be an on-site position.
The ideal candidate is someone with 5+ years of logistics coordination and management experience. Someone well versed in creating, training, implementing, and sustaining processes that drives efficiency and cost savings would be key. We are looking for a strong leader with advanced negotiation skills, communication, and possesses detailed organizational skills. Our managers are "working managers" at the ground level, alongside team members to accomplish goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage inventory as well as warehouse, transportation, and other logistical processes
- Develop new strategies to streamline processes to reduce costs
- Ensure that quality, quantity, customer satisfaction internal and external, and financial commitments are met
- Input and monitor logistical data into the ERP system Epicor.
- Perform metrics reporting and data analysis tasks to identify issues and opportunities for process improvements
- Partner and communicate with manufacturing floor, suppliers, and customers
- Monitor the receiving process
- Examine documents, materials, and products for completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Confer with CTG personnel, vendors, and customers to coordinate processing and shipping, and to resolve complaints
- Maintain on-time delivery reports for all production parts with the ERP system.
- Ensure complicance with all DOT requirements and regulations
- Train and develop team members involved in the logistics processes within the group.
Skills and Experience Needed:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Knowledge of logistics software
- Personal computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, and ERP type software Epicor
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Contract negotiation
- Bachelor's degree in logistics, supply chain management, transportation, or other relevant program, preferred
- 5+ years of management experience, preferred
- 5+ years experience in logistics, warehouse, or transportation operations