Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
Building the future of tooling, begins with building a great team!
CG Automation & Fixture CGAF, located in Comstock Park, MI is looking for a Machine Electrician/Wireman!!
A Machine Electrician/Wireman will independently perform highly skilled electrical work on machines that meet CGAF and customer standards.
At CGAF, we offer growth opportunities, great benefits and a climate-controlled facility. Our state of the art facility boasts the latest machining technology in the area and our workforce can build the impossible. This position is ideal for a highly motivated team-player who thrives in a fast-paced environment. We are seeking experienced machine wiremen potentially with an interest in leading others.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform journey-level work in the installation, testing, repair and maintenance of machines with the distribution and transmission of electrical power.
- Provide instruction and direction to lower level workers.
- Install and maintain a variety of electrical systems using specialized tools and equipment; provide on-the-job training to apprentices and helpers and diagnose and correct defects in power generation and distribution systems.
- The work requires expert knowledge of electrical theory and principles, familiarity with the tools and equipment used in the electrical trades, ability to interpret and apply blueprints, specifications and codes, and knowledge of safety rules and procedures.
- Work is carried out independently, with the supervisor providing instruction and clarification for unusual or difficult problems.
- Develop electrical bill of materials
- Troubleshoot issues with existing company installed systems
- Design & Build in a timely manner
- Comply with the company safety procedures. Live the company culture of integrity and professional competence
- Provide timely and detailed status updates
- Quality- Ensure standards are maintained in a highly regulated, process driven environment
- Safety-Must comply with all Local, National and International International When Required electrical safety requirements.
- Must be able and willing to travel and work at customer sites
- Must be available and willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays to meet customer project commitments
- Follow procedures written in ISO9001 Manual.
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- 5+ years of experience in the electrical trades
- 3+ years of experience working with 2200 volt or higher electrical equipment
- Familiar with Industry Standards UL and CE
- MS Office Excel, Word, Outlook and general computer literacy
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to think designs through completely
- Must be able to troubleshoot machine electrical issues