Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
Our team members are our greatest assets!
Commercial Tool & Die CTD, located in Comstock Park, MI is looking for dedicated, hard-working shop custodian to join our team. We are in need of a reliable, experienced individual with a strong work history.
At CTD, we offer growth opportunities, great benefits and a climate-controlled facility. Our state of the art facility boasts the latest machining technology in the area and our workforce can build the impossible.
- General maintenance and upkeep the appearance of our facility.
- Clean the shop floor, tools, and equipment throughout manufacturing areas using various tools, equipment and chemicals.
- Oil machines and clean coolant tanks
- Stand for extended periods of time to clean, wash, organize and assist where needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Plant or Maintenance Manager.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 18 years of age
- Punctual, reliable, and safety conscious
- Willingness to learn and take initiative
- Ability to operate a forklift and floor-cleaning machine
- Ability to serve, prioritize, and multi-task to support multiple areas.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repetitively and be physically capable to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
For more information, visit our website: www.commercialtoolgroup.com
Commercial Tool Group Commercial Tool & Die; CG Automation & Fixture; and CG Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer