Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
CG Plastics CGP is a plastic injection molding tryout and production facility located in Comstock Park, MI. We are in search of problem solvers who roll up their sleeves and are committed to the attainment of our team goals and quality standards. We offer growth opportunities, great benefits and a climate-controlled facility.
How you will contribute
CGP is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Material Coordinator position. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will maintain appropriate and efficient workflow through the production areas by handling CGP and customer materials and products. Additionally, you will...
- Receive, issue, and physically move materials and products in a safe and efficient manner
- Work within the ERP system
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of material and product movement
- Provide accurate and timely distribution of materials to production to meet production needs.
- Confirm the parts, resin, colorants, decorative foils, labels, and RFID scan tags
- Operate various types of material handling equipment including forklifts
- Interpret production plans and shipping orders to provide the required levels of material handling and shipping needs
- Count material inventory and reconcile inventory cycle discrepancies
- Demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all CGP safety policies and procedures
What it takes
- Must be able to be forklift certified
- The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- The ability to communicate, verbally and electronically via e-mail, and interact in a positive, effective manner
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
- The ability to work through problems with minimal amount of assistance from the lead person or supervisor
- The ability to work timely and expeditiously to deliver an on-time result without errors
- The ability to prioritize and reassess tasks based on priority levels
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- One year of previous experience in a manufacturing or plastic injection molding environment
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
CGP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.