Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
CG Plastics CGP is looking to add a Full-Time Material Handler to our crew to support our production demands within our Comstock Park, MI facility!
CGP is a try-out and production facility for plastic injection molding. The Material Handler role is an integral part of our team and works alongside others to provide and maintain appropriate and efficient workflow through the production areas by handling CGP and customer materials and products.
Candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced manufacturing facility with the ability to lift up to 25 lbs and read, write, and count accurately. We are seeking candidates who are reliable and can work effectively as part of a team or independently.
- Work within the ERP system Epicor.
- Maintain acceptable material levels at machine hopper.
- Load and mix materials if applicable per the Process Cycle Sheet.
- Weigh quantities of material for use in production
- Move primary raw materials from staging area to appropriate machines using forklift or pallet jack.
- Load products securely to prevent damage during transit.
- Ensure containers are properly identified
- Safely and efficiently load and unload materials onto or from pallets, trays racks, shelves, etc.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of material and product movement.
- Count material inventory and reconcile inventory cycle discrepancies.
- Inspect materials and equipment for possible deviciencies.
- Maintain cleanliness and general appearance of storage and production areas.
- Clean machines and equipment using brooms, rags, and cleaning compounds, to assist machine operators.
- Demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all CGP safety policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be reliable, demonstrate willingness to stay to get the job done
- Requires a positive attitude and ability to work collaboratively
- Must be able to read and write in English with effective oral and written communication skills
- Able to perform simple math calculations
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving abilities
- Effective and positive interpersonal skills
- Personal computer skills including the use of Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Time management
- Must be able to be Hi-Lo certified.
If you are eager to work, dependable, and meet the requirements, you are encouraged to apply.
- $18-$20 per hour, depending on experience
- Medical, dental, life, vision, disability insurance
- Paid time off