Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
CG Plastics CGP is looking to add a Full-Time Shipping & Receiving Clerk/Material Handler to our crew to support our production demands within our Comstock Park, MI facility!
CGP is a try-out and production facility for plastic injection molding. The Shipping & Receiving Clerk/Material Handler role is an integral part of our team and works alongside others to provide and maintain appropriate and efficient workflow through the production areas by handling incoming and outgoing deliveries and handling CGP and customer materials and products.
Candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced manufacturing facility with the ability to lift up to 25 lbs and read, write, and count accurately. We are seeking candidates who are reliable and can work effectively as part of a team or independently.
- Work within the ERP system Epicor.
- Obtain and process product orders, including receiving deliveries, registering them and loading or off-loading from trucks.
- Organize, clean, and catalogue items on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with the Material Manager or Coordinator to schedule large shipments and plan logistics to ensure that there is sufficient storage space for incoming items.
- Track data within Epicor for goods shipped and received
- Handle issues arising in shipping or inventory handling
- Troubleshoot shipping issues and customer complaints that arise and work to solve them.
- Weigh quantities of material to determine amount used, and issue accordingly.
- Load and mix materials if applicable per the Process Cycle Sheet.
- Load products securely to prevent damage during transit.
- Safely and efficiently load and unload materials onto or from pallets, trays racks, shelves, etc.
- Move primary raw materials from staging area to appropriate machines using forklift or pallet jack.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of material and product movement.
- Clean and load dry hoppers with material for the next day's usage.
- Ensure containers are properly identified
- Count material inventory and reconcile inventory cycle discrepancies.
- Inspect materials and equipment for possible deficiencies.
- Maintain cleanliness and general appearance of storage and production areas.
- Load and unload delivery trucks as needed.
- Demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all CGP safety policies and procedures.
- Alert product personnel of current or potential problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Minimum of 6 months-1 year of related experience
- Must be able to read and write in English with effective oral and written communication skills
- Able to read and interpret instructions
- Able to perform simple math calculations
- Must demonstrate a mechanical aptitude
- Able to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving abilities
- Effective and positive interpersonal skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Able to work through problems with minimal assistance and follow the lead of the Materials Manager
- Able to work timely and expeditiously to deliver an on-time result without errors
- Able to prioritize and reassess tasks based on priority levels
- Personal computer skills including the use of Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Time management
- Must be able to be Hi-Lo certified.
If you are eager to work, dependable, and meet the requirements, you are encouraged to apply.
- $14+ per hour
- Medical, dental, life, vision, disability insurance
- Paid time off