Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
Building the future of tooling, begins with building a great team!
Commercial Tool & Die CTD is a leading manufacturer of plastic injection and die cast molds and through our sister companies, fixtures, special machinery and custom molding, we provide quality service to the automotive, appliance, hardware and toy producing industries. By providing responsive, 24-hour customer service, CTD has established a reputation for quality tooling and on-time delivery. With our on-going commitment to investment and growth, CTD continues to balance the resources of advanced technology and its people to deliver quality tooling in record time.
To develop innovative, automated programs that accelerate our CAD based design system with NX Open in order to facilitate a streamlined design vision.
- Collect requirements for automation projects
- Brainstorm solutions with cross-functional teams
- Work with other team members on multiple software development and NX automation projects
- Communicate cross-functionally to clarify requirements and collect feedback
- Generate test cases and documentation
- Participate in agile project management lifecycle, including validation testing
- Practice exceptional documentation and communication skills
- Develop NX graphical user interfaces that complement the design process
- Conduct thorough testing of all software applications prior to deployment
- Conduct and participates in architecture and solution reviews
- Generate estimates based on project requirements
- Must have proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Solid experience with CAD is preferred
- Solid experience with VB.NET is preferred
- Must have some form of programming experience
- Interest and passion for programming
- Must have self-motivation, discipline, organization, and drive
- Teamwork: the candidate must be able to collaborate with team members
- Must have a positive attitude
- Strong desire for continued growth and learning
- Excellent interpersonal skills
CTD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic