Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
CG Plastics is looking to add a Full-Time Production/Shift Lead to our crew to support our production demands within our Comstock Park, MI facility! This position will lead a small crew of 3-5 team members. Our night shifts run from 3:00pm-11:15pm or 11:00 pm to 7:15 AM.
- Manage all aspects of production responsibilities in accordance with customer requirements.
- Demonstrate leadership and provide positive coaching to individuals within the department.
- Perform all functions within the plastic injection molding operation as required.
- Understand and maintain adherence of company policies and procedures amongst all team members.
- Ensure quality standards are met for the molded parts based upon Good Manufacturing Practices and outlined procedures.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Sampling Manager and Engineering Manager to ensure accuracy for all orders can be maintained.
- Lead all activities necessary during a shift to manage machine operation, product integrity and compliance to standards.
- Troubleshoot and correct production or mechanical issues on the floor. Follow escalation matrix as needed.
- Always promote and ensure a safe work environment.
- Review and mentor staff according to company objectives and production goals.
- Monitor injection molding machines and ensure parts satisfy quality specifications.
- Inspect parts for quality defects.
- Track feedback on quality findings and report processing problems to appropriate personnel.
- Meet all quality, quantity, and Good Manufacturing Practices to satisfy the customer and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure proper operation of measurement scales to determine machine production.
- Maintain neat and orderly work areas to ensure efficiency and no safety hazards.
- Review paperwork for proper documentation to comply with procedures.
- Reinforce outlined procedures, safety guidelines, quality and cost standards are met to maintain the company's mission and standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Previous experience in a plastic injection molding facility preferred.
- Supervisory or lead experience in a manufacturing environment required minimum of 3 years.
- Able to communicate effectively and mentor/lead others in a positive manner.
- Must be adaptable and flexible
- Able to communicate and understand expectations for not only the supervisor role but that of the team members to be supervised
- Able to work independently
- Able to react to issues and escalate issues to management as needed
- Must be proficient at record-keeping and documenting
- Must understand MIOSHA guidelines and how they apply to the shop floor operations
- Commensurate with experience
- Shift Premiums: 10% Weekday Night Shift
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Life, Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off