Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
CG Automation & Fixture CGAF is a leading manufacturer of check fixtures, gauges, models, and automated secondary equipment for the automotive and appliance industries, located in Comstock Park, MI just north of Grand Rapids. We are a privately-owned business with a rich history spanning over 30 years. Our on-going success hinges on continued customer satisfaction. This satisfaction is decided, in large part by the performance of our employees. Our commitment to employee engagement and culture is at the forefront of what we do. We are looking for a Program Manager/Engineer to join our team, specifically to support our fixture side of the business.
The ideal candidate will possess expert level knowledge of checking fixtures and gauges of all types, primarily CMM Holding, Attribute, Variable data fixtures. Knowledge of automated inspection is a plus.
What You'll Do:
The Program Manager is responsible for coordinating activities between multiple projects to ensure they align with the organization's goals. We're looking for an individual with experience in developing and maintaining positive relationships with existing customers and prospecting or recruiting new customers. In this role, you will:
- Apply your proven experience in program management and project engineering.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications to effectively communicate through presentations and e-mail, coordinate meetings, or track/analyze data.
- Organize programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Develop new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Ensure goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance.
- Develop quotes and track quote status.
- Work with the design group.
- Implement and manage changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meet with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyze program risks.
- Stay abreast of pending programs and upcoming work with existing customers.
- Conduct regular touch points with customers through visits, phone calls, mailings, etc.
- Resolve problems, issues, and changes with customers.
- Bring forth a winning attitude!
What You're Seeking:
- A place where you can be challenged and contribute to our goal of continued customer satisfaction. An opportunity to put your stamp on things. A company who shows appreciation for team members with competitive salaries, paid holidays, PTO, great benefits, employer-paid life insurance, employer-paid long/short term disability, 401k match and more!
- Variety, excitement, exposure, and collaboration with great people.
If this sounds exciting to you and reflects your experience and capabilities, we invite you to formally apply for consideration.
CG Automation & Fixture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer