Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
Building the future of tooling, begins with a great team!
Commercial Tool & Die CTD, located in Comstock Park, MI is looking for Saw Operator!
At CTD, we offer growth opportunities and advancement, great benefits paid time off, paid holidays, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401K and climate-controlled facilities. Our state of the art facilities boast the latest machining technology in the area and our workforce can build the impossible! An ideal candidate would be one that is easily trainable and has an interest in pursuing a career in manufacturing. The intention for this entry-level position, following an evaluation period, would be to consider participation in our Apprenticeship Program. This program allows for company-paid apprenticeship coursework through Grand Rapids Community College and paid on-the-job training to earn a journeyman's card!
*Will train, no experience necessary*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Program, operate and tend saws and machines to cut material and to adjust machine speed and tension, moving levers and hand wheels.
- Adjust saw blades by turning hand wheels, pressing pedals, levers, and panel buttons, or using wrenches and rulers.
- Determine saw and cutting procedures, according to QATS Quality Assurance Time Study, or supervisor's instructions.
- Count, sort, and stack finished work pieces and dispose of waste material.
- Inspect material for imperfections and scrap when necessary.
- Replace defective or worn blades and bands, using hand tools.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Clearly label raw material, work in progress, and finished goods.
- Comply with Personal Protective Equipment PPE, Lock Out, and all other Safety requirements.
- Compliance with all local, state and federal requirements such as: OSHA, MIOSHA, EEO, DOT.
Essential Education & Abilities
- Ability to interact effectively with various departments in the organization
- Effective communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong math /computer skills.
- Must have a mechanical aptitude
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds regularly.
- Manufacturing/production experience preferred
- High Schools degree/GED.
Manufacturing office environment with frequent exposure to production areas. The position will require wearing of common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves and hard hats as designated by company policy. The position may require standing or walking for extended periods of time.