Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
Commercial Tool & Die CTD is a family-owned and operated business with a rich history of nearly 70 years and located in Comstock Park, Michigan. We specialize in designing and building plastic injection molds, in-mold decorating, two-shot injection, low-pressure injection, co-injection, compression molds, and prototype molds. The company strives to remain at the forefront of customer service, employee relations, state-of-the-art equipment, and safety. We have been known to take on and build the impossible!
We are going strong and in need of Program Managers/Project Engineers to support tooling!
A day in the life of a CTD Program Manager can look like:
- Consistent communication with customers, designers, manufacturing resources, etc. to follow the life of a program.
- Monitor and control program cost, schedule, performance, change control, and risk technical, cost, schedule.
- Develop program documents that satisfy stakeholder's requirements and expectations
- Develop program management plans and direct execution
- Perform integrated change control
- Close or complete the program in a manner that satisfies stakeholder's needs and expectations
- Facilitate and lead the creation of program definitions, budgets, work breakdowns, rough order estimates, program plans, communication plans and program schedules to determine scope of work.
- Facilitate and/or conduct feasibility studies for programs and requests for proposals.
Strong candidates must possess:
- Strong customer service
- Exceptional communication both oral and written
- The ability to thrive under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
- 3-5+ years Program Management or related experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferred Mechanical Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Plastics, or related field