Commercial Tool Group (CTG) is located on a single campus near Grand Rapids, Michigan. Commercial Tool & Die, Inc., CTG’s first division, Commercial Tool & Die, was founded in 1953 by Al Bouwman. His son, Doug, took an active position with the company in 1979. Under Doug’s leadership, Commercial experienced steady growth in size, organization, and customer base. With nearly 20 years of experience between them, Doug’s sons, JD and Daniel, became active owners of CTG in 2012. They have continued the family tradition of steadily growing the company.
Today, CTG is a combined 130,000 square foot manufacturing company that believes in continuous investment not only our employees, but also the latest CNC and Design Technologies. Our customers can be certain their tooling will receive the highest level of quality service available. With our ongoing commitment to investment and growth, Commercial continues to balance the resources of advanced technology and it’s people to deliver quality tooling in record time.
Under JD’s and Daniel’s leadership, CTG continues to drive the industry to produce the highest quality products that meet our customers’ delivery requirements at competitive prices. We strive each day to achieve our goals through our vision, hard work, and communication. We embrace the changes needed to keep up with today’s fast-paced manufacturing industry.
CTG Business Divisions
- Specializing in designing and building plastic injection molds, in-mold decorating, two-shot injection, low-pressure injection, co-injection, compression molds, die-cast, and prototype molds
- Mold sizes range from 250 to 5,000 tons
- Serving automotive, home appliance, consumer goods, hardware, heavy truck, and recreational vehicle markets
- Included with mold build are project management, mold design, sample verification, tryouts, and on-site support for startup
- Sampling and tryout facility to ensure accurate tool performance
- WBENC – Certified Women-Owned Business
- Press sizes range from 85 to 2,500 tons
- Mold verifications
- Low-volume part production runs
- Service and emergency part runs
- Product transition overlaps (bridge runs)
- Automation, fixture, vision systems, and in-mold applique specialists
- Highly advanced robotic assembly cells to manual workstations
- Tier one approved fixture supplier
- Research and development
- Process development from concept to completion
- Business and software integration
- Comprehensive manufacturing solutions