|Innovative tooling, automation enable new line of composite window wells
Moldmaker and automation specialist Commercial Tool Group provided RockWell with custom compression molds and robotics to enable high-volume, low-cost production.
|Massive Mold Built to Streamline Window Well Production
RockWell Window Wells, a Utah-based company, was recently looking for a mold maker to produce large molds for a new Denali line of window wells. The company found Commercial Tool Group (CTG) at an Amerimold trade show.
|Five-Axis Machine Modifications Reduce Cycle Times
Expanding the capabilities of portal milling machine reduced cycle times and improved quality of large-section automotive and truck molds.
|Portal Milling for Automotive, Truck Molds
Modified Zimmermann 5-axis machining center improves operations at Commercial Tool & Die, reducing cycle times 10%.
CTG Business Divisions
- Specializing in designing and building plastic injection molds, in-mold decorating, two-shot injection, low-pressure injection, co-injection, compression molds, die-cast, and prototype molds
- Mold sizes range from 250 to 5,000 tons
- Serving automotive, home appliance, consumer goods, hardware, heavy truck, and recreational vehicle markets
- Included with mold build are project management, mold design, sample verification, tryouts, and on-site support for startup
- Sampling and tryout facility to ensure accurate tool performance
- WBENC – Certified Women-Owned Business
- Press sizes range from 85 to 2,500 tons
- Mold verifications
- Low-volume part production runs
- Service and emergency part runs
- Product transition overlaps (bridge runs)
- Automation, fixture, vision systems, and in-mold applique specialists
- Highly advanced robotic assembly cells to manual workstations
- Tier one approved fixture supplier
- Research and development
- Process development from concept to completion
- Business and software integration
- Comprehensive manufacturing solutions