|RockWell Forms New Window Well Product Line with Commercial Tool Group
When picking a partner company for this critical project, RockWell President Vaughn Cook chose Commercial Tool Group, as he notes, “…because of their integrity and commitment to being open with all of the issues, as well as the company’s transparency and honesty.
|Innovative tooling, automation enable new line of composite window wells
Moldmaker and automation specialist Commercial Tool Group provided RockWell with custom compression molds and robotics to enable high-volume, low-cost production.
|Massive Mold Built to Streamline Window Well Production
RockWell Window Wells, a Utah-based company, was recently looking for a mold maker to produce large molds for a new Denali line of window wells. The company found Commercial Tool Group (CTG) at an Amerimold trade show.
|Five-Axis Machine Modifications Reduce Cycle Times
Expanding the capabilities of portal milling machine reduced cycle times and improved quality of large-section automotive and truck molds.
|Portal Milling for Automotive, Truck Molds
Modified Zimmermann 5-axis machining center improves operations at Commercial Tool & Die, reducing cycle times 10%.
CTG Business Divisions
- Specializing in designing and building plastic injection molds, in-mold decorating, two-shot injection, low-pressure injection, co-injection, compression molds, die-cast, and prototype molds
- Mold sizes range from 250 to 5,000 tons
- Serving automotive, home appliance, consumer goods, hardware, heavy truck, and recreational vehicle markets
- Included with mold build are project management, mold design, sample verification, tryouts, and on-site support for startup
- Sampling and tryout facility to ensure accurate tool performance
- WBENC – Certified Women-Owned Business
- Press sizes range from 85 to 2,500 tons
- Mold verifications
- Low-volume part production runs
- Service and emergency part runs
- Product transition overlaps (bridge runs)
- Automation, fixture, vision systems, and in-mold applique specialists
- Highly advanced robotic assembly cells to manual workstations
- Tier one approved fixture supplier
- Research and development
- Process development from concept to completion
- Business and software integration
- Comprehensive manufacturing solutions