Building the future of tooling, begins with building a great team!
Commercial Tool & Die CTD, located in Comstock Park, MI is looking for a Bench Hand to become an asset to our team!! This role is responsible for polishing molds, inserts, lifters, and other components for release and finish to customer requirements.
At CTD, we offer growth opportunities, great benefits and a climate-controlled facility. Our state of the art facility boasts the latest machining technology in the area and our workforce can build the impossible.
This position is ideal for a highly motivated team-player who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Use our ERP system for job operations, complete checklists, and track operation completion
- Review mold designs using NX Viewer Unigraphics software.
- Follow established processes where applicable.
- Safely operate overhead cranes to include rigging, transporting, and manipulating molds.
- Use various tools to polish mold steel to required finishes.
- Identify and polish areas in need of finish repair or touch up.
- Polish ribs and features to release condition.
- Polish to diamond polish from start to finish.
Essential Education & Abilities
- Ability to interact effectively with various departments in the organization.
- Prefer at least 1 year of mold, steel, and/or aluminum polishing experience.
- Ability to learn and develop in established systems and processes
- Effective communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds regularly.
- High Schools degree/GED.
Job Type: Full-time