Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
Job Summary: As a premier OEM of automated solutions for various industries, CGAF is looking to expand its controls team. We seek highly qualified candidates who must have experience in automated controls programming and design.
Job Specifications: BSCS or BSEE or BSCE with equivalent programming experience strongly preferred or 3-5 with controls design. Job duties include creating PLC programs, Rockwell & Siemens, Robot programming Fanuc & ABB & KUKA, and operator interface packages Rockwell SE / ME & WinCC. Candidate should be versed in safety NFPA 79, ANSI B11 and technology in the industry and dedicated to working with the assembly department to promote continuous improvement. Our designers also work very closely with outside vendors to integrate new and existing technologies to solve problems.
Primary Skills and Responsibilities:
- * Develop solutions based on customer requirements.
- * Program various types of vision systems.
- * Assist in development of design documents and customer manuals.
- * Develop and debug PLC / HMI software Rockwell & Siemens.
- * Collaborate and establish rapport with co-workers, vendors, and suppliers as needed.
- * Responsible for preparing programming, specifications, and material lists as needed.
- * Responsible for or assist in assembly of control panel enclosures as needed.
- * Timely reporting of labor hours and materials used to ensure prompt and accurate job costing and customer invoicing. * Develop, publish, and implement project standards relating to hardware and controls design and documentation. * Performs all other duties as assigned
- * AutoCAD experience
- * Able to read and understand electrical and pneumatic schematics both machine and vehicle.
- * Experience programming motor controls , Kinetic, and VFD's
- * Fundamental knowledge of RS 232/422, CAN, LIN, and Ethernet
- * Technical experience in troubleshooting basic electrical circuits
- * 10% - 30% travel may be required
- Personal Skills:
- * Self-starter and self-motivated individual who understands the importance of being a team player to achieve organizational goals.
- * Thrives in a challenging, fast paced and changing work environment.
- * Thoughtful, patient, and respects others.
- * Handles pressure with a positive attitude.
- * Willing and able to travel as needed.
- * Can work in multicultural environments.
CGAF is proud to offer a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.
This is a Full Time, Regular Employee position located in Comstock Park, MI
40 - 50 hours per week