Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
Building the future of tooling, begins with building a great team!
Commercial Tool & Die CTD, located in Comstock Park, MI is looking for an EDM Operator to become an asset to our team on Night Shift. Night Shift comes with a 10% shift premium!
At CTD, we offer growth opportunities, great benefits and a climate-controlled facility. Our state of the art facility boasts the latest machining technology in the area and our workforce can build the impossible.
This position is ideal for a highly motivated team-player who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Set up and operate EDM machines
- Utilize the ERP system
- Dimensionally check electrodes to ensure they are correct to cad using height gauge and calipers.
- Use CAM models to determine machine placement
- Properly use hoists and precision fixtures
- Maintain proper documentation as it pertains to jobs
- Determine specifications or procedures for tooling set-up, machine operation, work piece dimensions, or numerical control sequences, using instructions, and machine knowledge
- Load electrodes into machine or automatic tool change with correct orientation.
- Import and export cam program to machine
- Adjust EDM program to electrode limitations.
- Establish speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- Communicate with mold maker, project engineers and management for specific requirements.
- Confer with supervisors or programmers to resolve machine malfunctions and production errors
- Follow procedures written in the Quality Systems Manual
Essential Education & Abilities
- Ability to interact effectively with various departments in the organization.
- Effective communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to multi-task
- Prefer 2-3 years of experience in machine operation.
- EDM experience preferred
- WEDM experience preferred, but not required
- Strong math /computer skills.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds regularly.
- High Schools degree/GED.
Job Type: Full-time