Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The following video overviews CTG’s history, working environment, and several insights from executives and staff at all three of CTG’s divisions (Commercial Tool & Die, CG Automation & Fixture, and CG Plastics).
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
Our team members are our greatest assets!
Commercial Tool & Die CTD, located in Comstock Park, MI is looking for a couple dedicated, hard-working, experienced Upgrader Mold Makers. This position will assist journeyman mold makers by performing all tasks associated with mold build, engineering changes, and repair of molds and tooling.
At CTD, we offer growth opportunities, great benefits and a climate-controlled facility. Our state of the art facility boasts the latest machining technology in the area and our workforce can build the impossible.
- Use Epicor ERP System to track time for job operations, complete checklists, and track operation completion.
- Listen and follow directions to perform mold build tasks.
- Review mold designs using NX Viewer Unigraphics software.
- Safely operate overhead cranes to include rigging, transporting, and manipulating molds.
- Follow established processes where applicable.
- Use machines, various equipment, and hand tools to complete assigned tasks.
- Fit and spot components to no flash condition.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Some mold maintenance or build experience is required, 3-5+ years is preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude is required.
- Basic knowledge of all aspects of mold design, build, repair, and function.
- Ability to learn and develop in established systems and processes.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
For more information, visit our website: www.commercialtoolgroup.com
Commercial Tool Group Commercial Tool & Die; CG Automation & Fixture; and CG Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer