Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
Building the future of tooling, begins with building a great team!
Commercial Tool & Die CTD, located in Comstock Park, MI is looking for an Entry Level Grapihte/EDM Machine Apprentice!
At CTD, we offer growth opportunities, great benefits paid time off, paid holidays, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k and a climate-controlled facility. Our state of the art facility boasts the latest machining technology in the area and our workforce can build the impossible.
This position is ideal for a highly motivated team-player who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The intention for this position, following an evaluation period, would be to consider participation in our Apprenticeship Program. This program allows for company-paid apprenticeship coursework through Grand Rapids Community College and paid on-the-job training to earn a journeyman's certification.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Read blueprints and drawings for information
- Run bandsaw and basic mill programs in Graphite machine
- Mount and prep graphite into fixture
- Set up and secure all parts in Graphite mill and EDM machines
- Use CAD viewer for set up location for EDM
- Send the CAM program to the machine
- Import programs on the CNC/EDM machines
- Examine the part for accuracy and quality defects
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and height gauge. Check electrode measurements and overburn
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment
- Stock finish products on the finish product shelf for EDM
- Maintain cleanliness of work area
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must possess sound problem-solving skills and math skills.
- Must possess quality communication skills.
- Proficiency in personal computer skills including the use of MS office.
For more information, visit our website: www.commercialtoolgroup.com
Commercial Tool Group Commercial Tool & Die; CG Automation & Fixture; and CG Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer