Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
Building the future of tooling, begins with building a great team!
CG Automation & Fixture CGAF, located in Comstock Park, MI is looking for a Journeyman Machine Builder!
At CGAF, we offer growth opportunities, great benefits and a climate-controlled facility. Our state of the art facility boasts the latest machining technology in the area and our workforce can build the impossible. This position is ideal for a highly motivated team-player who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Fit and assemble components according to assembly blueprints, manuals, engineering memos, sketches, and knowledge of machine construction.
- Understands and follows safety & environmental regulations and identifies safety/environmental concerns.
- Effectively and safely operating hand and power tools, mills, lathes, drill presses, surface grinders, saws, and shears
- Analyze assembly blueprint, schematic, and specifications manuals used in machine building operations.
- Verifies conformance of parts to bill of material and drawings, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, gauges, and micrometers
- Lay out hole locations and drill and tap holes on parts for assembly.
- Align components for assembly, manually or with hoist, and bolts, screws, dowels, weld, or rivet parts together.
- Construct, rebuild, and repair machines and equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Machine start-up and packaging
Essential Education & Abilities
- Ability to interact effectively with various departments in the organization.
- Prefer 2-3 years of experience in automation.
- Prefer 2 years of experience in sub-assembly and full-assembly of various automated machines and tooling processes.
- Effective communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong math /computer skills.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds regularly.
- High Schools degree/GED.