Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
Our team members are our greatest assets!
Commercial Tool & Die CTD, located in Comstock Park, MI is looking for dedicated, hard-working Maintenance Apprentice to join our Maintenance Department. This is an entry level position for someone looking to grow within our company. After an evaluation period, you would be considered to start our GRCC Industrial Maintenance Apprenticeship that is a 4-year program. The company pays for all coursework and training hours within the program, both in-class and on-the-job. We are eager to find an individual looking to start a career.
At CTD, we offer growth opportunities, great benefits and a climate-controlled facility. Our state of the art facility boasts the latest machining technology in the area and our workforce can build the impossible.
- Oversee and/or perform maintenance functions for CTG.
- Clean up before and after machine repair or maintenance work by other team members.
- Perform general facilities maintenance i.e. sidewalk snow clearing/salting
- Ensure all MIOSHA requirements are met during any maintenance activity.
- Use hand tools and power tools to repair and replace defective and reassemble equipment/machines.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other machinery.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to interact effectively with various departments in the organization
- Effective communication and conflict resolution skills
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills required
- Must possess strong work values; Dependability, honesty, self-confidence, positive attitude, and good attendance
- Strong aptitude for maintenance and mechanical operations
- Experience in electrical, hydraulic, machining, and plumbing preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
For more information, visit our website: www.commercialtoolgroup.com
Commercial Tool Group Commercial Tool & Die; CG Automation & Fixture; and CG Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer