Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The following video overviews CTG’s history, working environment, and several insights from executives and staff at all three of CTG’s divisions (Commercial Tool & Die, CG Automation & Fixture, and CG Plastics).
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
Building the future of tooling, begins with building a great team!
Commercial Tool & Die CTD, located in Comstock Park, MI is looking for an experienced Welder.
At CTD, we offer growth opportunities, great benefits paid time off, paid holidays, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k and a climate-controlled facility. Our state-of-the-art facility boasts the latest machining technology in the area and our workforce can design and build the impossible.
This position is ideal for a highly motivated team-player who thrives in a fast-paced, supportive environment who wants to join a team of mold makers to weld engineering changes of tool steels and fabricate/build miscellaneous items the team needs. An ideal candidate will have 5+ years of tool welding experience, preferred.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Weld engineering changes on tool steels.
- Work with Plant Manager, Mold Maker Foreman, and/or Repair Department Leads to establish priorities.
- Review changes from Program Managers and schedule data changes for tooling.
- Interrogate the part data to identify any problems that exist in design of part having to do with moldability
- Identify tool steel material to be able to properly identify appropriate filler metals needed for the job.
- Select metals to be used from a range of metals and alloys, based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance.
- Identify the proper temperature to preheat the steel prior to welding.
- Build up steel on the tool by adding additional steel, when needed.
- Repair or replace worn/defective machine parts and dies.
- Fabricate and build miscellaneous items such as benches, tables, props, etc, needed within the shop.
- Perform repairs as needed.
- Utilize the ERP system
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must possess sound problem-solving skills.
- Must possess quality communication skills.
- Personal computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite required.
- 5+ years' experience with welding, preferably in a tool shop.
For more information, visit our website: www.commercialtoolgroup.com
Commercial Tool Group Commercial Tool & Die; CG Automation & Fixture; and CG Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer