Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
CG Plastics is looking to add a Full-Time Molding Utility Operator to our crew to support our production demands within our Comstock Park, MI facility! We have a position available for 1st shift.
The Molding Utility Operator position is entry-level and requires candidates to provide support by running injection molding machines, cleaning dryers, mixing materials or concentrates, cleaning, organizing, labeling, creating documents, as well as other duties as assigned. Candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced manufacturing facility with the ability to lift up to 25 lbs and read, write, and count accurately. We are seeking candidates who are reliable and can work effectively as part of a team or independently.
- Assist as a machine operator for both production and sampling.
- Assist in helping to keep presses running mix resins, label containers, move finished product, give operators breaks, etc.
- Complete all necessary production documents.
- Perform quality inspections as needed must have the ability to understand quality expectations.
- Clean dryers.
- Load dryer hoppers with the correct materials and ensure proper dryer set-up.
- Assist with injection molding machine cell set-up.
- Participate in 5S cleaning and organizing.
- Follow all safety procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be reliable, demonstrate willingness to stay to get the job done
- Requires a positive attitude and ability to work collaboratively
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving abilities
- Effective and positive interpersonal skills
- Personal computer skills including the use of Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Time management
- Hi-Lo operation
If you are eager to work, dependable, and meet the requirements, you are encouraged to apply.
- $14+ per hour
- Shift Premiums: 10% Night Shift