Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
Commercial Tool Group CTG, located in Comstock Park, Michigan, is comprised of three operating entities: Commercial Tool & Die, CG Automation & Fixture, and CG Plastics. Commercial Tool & Die is a company specializing as a leading manufacturer of plastic injection and die cast molds and through our sister companies, fixtures, special machinery, and custom molding, we provide quality service to the automotive, appliance, hardware and toy producing industries. We are a third-generation, family-owned organization with a rich history spanning nearly 70 years. Our on-going success hinges on continued customer and employee satisfaction. The Group is strongly committed to investing in our roughly 300 employees, equipment, and processes to help promote continuous improvement, innovation, and opportunities in a technology-driven environment.
We are looking for a full-time Purchasing Agent to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, experienced individual, to make a significant impact on our organization!
What You'll Do:
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for assisting with the purchasing of materials, supplies, and sub-contract services for Commercial Tool Group. In this role, you will:
- Perform administrative-related shipping & receiving activities as directed by the Purchasing Manager.
- Update and maintain current part master component files.
- Process purchase order requests for purchasing of supplies and obtain the appropriate purchase approval.
- Process sub-contract purchase orders.
- Assist with cycle-counting purchase part and consigned inventory.
- Investigate open PO's and facilitate closure.
- Maintenance of approved supplier profiles listed in the ERP system.
- Assist with checking received materials and documenting receipt in the ERP system, as needed.
- Run purchasing reports as directed by the Purchasing Manager.
- Interact effectively with various departments throughout the organization.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proficiently perform personal computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office Suite apps including Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams.
- Have a humble and winning attitude!
What You're Seeking:
- A place where you can be challenged and contribute to our goal of continued customer satisfaction. An opportunity to put your stamp on things. A company who shows appreciation for team members with competitive salaries, paid holidays, PTO, great benefits, employer-paid life insurance, employer-paid long/short term disability, 401k match and more!
- Variety, excitement, exposure, and collaboration with great people.
If this sounds exciting to you and reflects your experience and capabilities, we invite you to formally apply for consideration.
Commercial Tool Group Commercial Tool & Die, Inc., CG Plastics, Inc. and CG Automation & Fixture, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.