Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
Building the future of tooling, begins with building a great team!
Commercial Tool & Die CTD, located in Comstock Park, MI is looking for experienced 5-Axis CNC Machinist!! The ideal candidate must have experience 5+ years specifically with 5 axis machining.
At CTD, we offer growth opportunities, great benefits and a climate-controlled facility. Our state of the art facility boasts the latest machining technology in the area and our workforce can build the impossible. This position will manufacture parts per specifications in an accurate and timely manner, utilizing CNC machining.
- Set-up and operate CNC machines
- Utilize the ERP system
- Follow instructions i.e. work orders, 2-D drawings, process sheets, etc. to ensure that parts are produced to engineering specifications
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and calipers
- Perform repairs where needed
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines
- Accurately record data and information
- Maintain continuity among shifts through communication and documentation
- Follow procedures written in the Quality Systems Manual
Qualifications and Skills
- Proficient computer skills including the use of MS office
- Experience with WorkNC or PowerMill is preferred
- Knowledge in use of precision measuring tools, including but not limited to: micrometers ID, OD, and depth and calipers
- Ability to interact effectively with various departments in the organization
- Effective communication and conflict resolution skills
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills required
- Must possess strong work values; Dependability, honesty, self-confidence, positive attitude, and good attendance
- A minimum of five 5 years of 5-axis experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
For more information, visit our website: www.commercialtoolgroup.com
Commercial Tool Group Commercial Tool & Die; CG Automation & Fixture; and CG Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer