Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
Building the future of tooling, begins with building a great team!
Commercial Tool & Die CTD, located in Comstock Park, MI is looking for Tooling Cost Estimators to join our team!!
At CTD, we offer growth opportunities, great benefits and a climate-controlled facility. Our state of the art facility boasts the latest machining technology in the area and our workforce can design and build the impossible.
This position is ideal for a highly motivated team-player who thrives in a fast-paced environment to collaborate with our team to prepare competitive, precise and comprehensive quotes for domestic and foreign costing for our customers.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Obtain information from our customer to develop quotes.
- Pre-conceptualize the design of the mold
- Analyze CAD designs, specifications, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products and projects, applying knowledge of specialized methodologies, techniques, principles, or processes.
- Prepare cost estimates for manufacturing of plastic injection molds to aid management in bidding on or determining price of products
- Experience in cost estimating preferred
- Advanced plastic injection molding knowledge and experience required
- Able to achieve results through knowledge of manufacturing processes and cost analysis
- Personal computer skills including the use of MS Excel and ERP Epicor software and CAD software programs required
- Global tooling experience preferred, but not required
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization
Job Type: Full-time
Commercial Tool Group Commercial Tool & Die; CG Automation & Fixture; and CG Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer