Commercial Tool Group Careers
For candidates eager to work with a company that cares about its team members, innovation, and building the future of tooling, Commercial Tool Group (CTG) has a number of outstanding career opportunities.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has released information on the outlook of job growth for the Tool and Die industry. Machinist and Tool & Die Maker positions are expected to grow by 6% between 2014 and 2024. To fill this demand, it is imperative that employees harness and develop their skills in this industry. Our apprenticeship program, on-the-job training, advanced machinery, commitment to our employees, and full gamut of services offered puts us in a unique position to develop the very best employees possible.
The CTG Apprenticeship Program is approved and registered with the United States Department of Labor. We provide continuous learning through coursework and hands-on shop floor experience to learn the skilled trade of CNC Machining or Mold Making. Upon completion of the 4-year program, the Department of Labor issues the highly respected and coveted Journeyman’s Certification. Once you receive a Journeyman’s Certificate CTG offers excellent career growth opportunities.
CTG offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which exceed the industry average. These options include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401k, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary accident and hospital indemnity policies, and more.
CTG offers a great working environment with a climate controlled facility, on the job training, and cutting edge equipment to learn and develop the skills necessary to succeed in today’s world.
CTG offers the full spectrum of services to our customers. This diversity of services allow us to be a leader in our industry as well as providing our employees opportunities for growth and the ability to excel in more than one branch of the company. Employees that master the technical skills in our core business can transfer their skills to other departments based upon their aptitude and interests. This latitude allows for a more well-rounded skill set for the employee.
Building the future of tooling, begins with building a great team!
CG Automation & Fixture, located in Comstock Park, MI is looking for a Journeyman Trim Die Builder! The ideal candidate may have 3-5 years of experience. Versatility is key!
At CG Automation & Fixture, we offer growth opportunities, great benefits and a climate-controlled facility. Our state of the art facilities boast the latest machining technology in the area and our workforce can build the impossible!
- Review the design with management and design staff at kick-off meeting.
- Make changes as necessary to the tool.
- Monitor the job on the ERP software for progress towards completion.
- Add components as necessary.
- Check the stock list to assure the correct components are used.
- Check the stock list to assure everything functions properly.
- Proficient at using hand tools.
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary.
- File, grind, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
- Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
- Lift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables, using hoists, vises, v-blocks, or angle plates.
- Select metals to be used from a range of metals and alloys, based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance.
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- Set up and operate drill presses to drill and tap holes in parts for assembly.
- Perform final assembly of the dies
Qualifications and Skills:
- Basic computer skills
- Good problem solving and attention to detail
- Be a team-player with strong work ethic and dependability
- Effective communication
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
For more information, visit our website: www.commercialtoolgroup.com
Commercial Tool Group Commercial Tool & Die; CG Automation & Fixture; and CG Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer